Why working with a health coach might be exactly what you've been looking for
As the health coaching field has steadily been rising in popularity, many people are still unsure what a health coach is, and what a health coach can do for them. In general, a health coach is a qualified individual who helps you reach your goals through 1:1 (or group) coaching sessions, lifestyle & nutrition guidance, and ongoing support. A health coach will typically provide you with tips, recommendations, recipes, healthy lifestyle and eating habits, a personalized wellness plan, and maybe most importantly, support and active listening. Holistic health coaches (such as myself) also look at nutrition from a whole person and whole life standpoint, meaning we look at all aspects of your life (work, movement, environment, relationships, career, etc..) rather than just the foods you are eating when working towards your health goals.
Although health coaching is still relatively new, and you might not have heard about it before today, it might actually be exactly what you've been looking for to finally reach your health goals. To see why, let's look at 5 reasons why you might start working with a health coach:
Five reasons to start working with a health coach:
1. You're tired of diets- Unfortunately, as you may already know, diets don't work for many people. In fact, it's estimated that about 80% of people are not able to sustain their weight loss after a diet is over (Scientific American, 2020). Diets often offer "quick" and "easy" solutions, which usually means they will only work for a short amount of time (if at all). The idea behind many diets is also to provide an outline of foods you can and can't eat, which makes the whole process of getting healthy feel quite restrictive, difficult, and hopeless. Instead of focusing on "good" and "bad" foods, our work together allows you to find the foods that do work for your specific needs, while also incorporating healthy lifestyle habits. By putting our energy towards adding in healthy, wholesome, and nourishing foods, and focusing on real and sustainable solutions for your health goals, we differentiate ourselves from the diet culture that has let so many down.
2. You've been searching for someone who listens, and actually understands- What's one thing that's essential to getting healthy and can't be replaced? Support & guidance from someone who cares. Working with a health coach allows you to have consistent, reliable, and ongoing support from someone who has been where you are, and understands both the beauty and the challenges of a health journey. Having a health coach also allows you to have someone who is there to listen without judgement, provide support and guidance during your challenging times, and celebrate all your accomplishments!
3. You want a wellness plan that's designed around your lifestyle- Everyone has different lifestyles, schedules, priorities, and to-do lists, which is why having a wellness plan that's designed around your specific life is what can help you thrive and succeed in your health journey. Rather than a "one size fits all" approach, we work together to find how to implement habits into your everyday life that feel doable and sustainable.
4. You want simple and realistic solutions- Working with a health coach allows you to see exactly what you can be doing to reach your health goals, while also leaving room to work through any struggles that may arise. As your coach, I help you find simple and realistic habits to implement into your everyday life in order to get you to where you want to be.
5. You're interested in long-lasting and sustainable results- Our work together is intended to give you the tools you'll need to continue living a healthier and more balanced life long after our sessions are done! By learning about, and implementing healthy nourishment & lifestyle habits, utilizing a wellness plan that's designed around you, and learning to listen to, and understand what your body needs, holistic health becomes second nature, and can allow you to continue to see the endless benefits of healthy living.
Other benefits that can come from working with a health coach:
- increased energy
- decreased stress
- spend less time worrying about food (which means more time doing what you love with the ones you love)
- feel happier & healthier
- reach and maintain a healthy weight
- have clear & glowing skin
- gain back confidence & self love
- skip past diets and get healthy without restrictions
- eat + live more intuitively
- save money by learning how to eat healthy on a budget, and potentially avoid expensive future medical related costs
If these benefits sound like something you've been searching for, email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more, or apply for 1:1 coaching today with the link below: