Easy tips to help you take care of your health this season
◦ Eat seasonal fruits and vegetables- Not only can this help you save money, but it is also beneficial to both your health and the environment! A few of the common autumn seasonal foods include: potatoes, sweet potatoes, spinach, carrots, mushrooms, apples, pears, garlic, and ginger.
◦ Consider taking part in seasonal activities- This might include apple picking, going to a pumpkin patch, or even having a bonfire with loved ones. All of these can be nice ways practice self care because they allow us to spend time with people we care about, get some physical activity in, and enjoy time in nature.
◦ Experiment with new recipes- For some, fall can be a fun time to bake, cook, and try new recipes as the days get chillier and the homes get cozier. One way to make cooking more fun could be to try to create your own recipe using mainly ingredients that are seasonal, such as an apple crumble or sweet potato & spinach salad. Another idea is to try to recreate your favorite seasonal coffee shop drink at home! Not only will this help you save some money, but you may discover that you are able to put more wholesome and nourishing ingredients into your favorite fall drink.
Autumn mac and cheese: https://www.faustinemicheyl.com/post/autumn-mac-and-cheese-vegan-gluten-free-oil-free
◦ Remember to take time for yourself- with the holidays approaching and the seasons changing, it is important to remember to check in with yourself and prioritize self-care. This can be a difficult and stressful season for many, so as always, reach out for help and support whenever you need it.
◦ If you celebrate the autumn holidays, consider alternative meals, snacks, and treats for yourself or your loved ones- some people absolutely love traditional holiday meals and treats, and of course this is more than okay! On the other hand, others may wish to celebrate with alternative food options that feel more nourishing for them. No matter how you choose to approach this season in terms of foods, it can always be nice to explore new recipes for holiday meals and treats in order to find what works best for you during this season.