Easy ways to detox naturally without leaving your home!
When I used to think of the word "detox", the only thing that came to mind was all those products that celebrities would endorse for detox and weight loss. Thankfully, those expensive (and most of the time unhelpful) products are not the only way to detoxify your body and reduce symptoms such as inflammation, fatigue, skin problems and more.
Here are ten easy and simple ways you can detox right from home (without having to buy any fancy products)!
Ten simple ways to detox:
1. Drink water- this one may seem obvious, but drinking water is one of the best ways to detox, as it naturally flushes the toxins out of our bodies. However, be sure not to overdo it, as drinking too much water can also flush out important vitamins and minerals that our bodies need. Keeping a water bottle on hand throughout the day is a great way to remind yourself to stay hydrated.
2. Sleep- sleep is incredibly important to detoxification, so getting enough sleep and allowing your body the time to rest is a great way to very easily help the detox process. Making a consistent sleep schedule, limiting screen time before bed, and setting up a comfortable sleep environment are all ways to improve your sleep quantity and quality.
3. Incorporate antioxidants- antioxidants are a great way to help your body naturally detox, and they also help reduce inflammation. Foods like blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, goji berries, kale, and dark chocolate are all high in antioxidants, and all make great ingredients to use for smoothies! For a naturally detoxifying recipe, check out my anti-inflammatory smoothie right here on the blog: https://www.faustinemicheyl.com/post/antioxidant-smoothie
4. Clean your home- Dusting, vacuuming, cleaning out your pantry/fridge, and opening your windows are all great ways to detoxify you environment and have a naturally fresh and clean home. Having a clean environment can also help you think more clearly, and can play an important role in improving your mental and physical health.
5. Get active- whether it's through walking, running, dancing, or working out, getting active throughout the day can allow you to release toxins and feel great. Incorporating some physical activity into your day can also help you get a good night's rest and contribute to improved sleep quality, which we now know is also important to the detoxification process!
6. Eat your greens- incorporating dark leafy greens into your diet can bring a wide range of health benefits, one of which is the detoxifying properties these foods have. Veggies such as broccoli, kale, cilantro, and lemongrass naturally help your body remove toxins rather than doing what a lot of other processed foods can do, which is adding more toxins in!
7. Reflect on your life- this one may seem a bit unusual for a detox list, but taking the time to reflect on your relationships, job, or home environment can help you see where potential stress is coming from. By reflecting on what we want in our lives and removing stressors whenever possible, we allow ourselves the chance to live a happier and healthy life.
8.. Limit alcohol and caffeine- limiting these stimulants whenever possible will not only help to detox your body, but will also contribute to improved sleep quality. Consider switching over to green tea in the morning for a more natural way to get caffeine.
9. Switch up your makeup and cleaning products- take some time to look at the ingredients that are used in your makeup (if you use any) and your cleaning products. Most of the time they can contain harmful chemicals that may be polluting your home and harming your skin. By switching to more natural products, or making your own, you can help avoid unnecessary and dangerous toxins.
10. Take note of the foods you are currently eating- if you tend to eat a lot of highly processed foods, you are likely ingesting a lot of harmful chemicals or other unwanted ingredients. Consider incorporating more natural, homemade, and wholesome foods whenever possible for optimal detox, as these foods are less likely to have toxins in them. If you are looking for a little support in finding better foods for your body, or how to make the transition to healthier foods, feel free to shoot me an email at email@example.com or sign up for a completely free health consultation at https://www.faustinemicheyl.com/bookings-checkout/consultation-1/book